Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Amazing Etsy Seller

Today I wanted to share one of my favorite Etsy sellers, Tina Tarnoff.  She is a San Fransisco based artist that creates artwork in many different mediums including the centuries old art of papercutting.  The amazing thing about her papercut images is that there are created from a single piece of paper! Here is what she has to say about her work: Making a papercut requires a lot of precision and attention to detail. I like the female shape and I like the sense of movement, and I use that a lot in my papercut art. I think what attracts me to papercut is very much the sense of building something, a sense of sculpting, the clean cut aspect of it and the immediate result. Making papercut art feels natural to me. I have good control of my hand and the paper, and have a clear vision of what the image or shape should be. I'm rarely disappointed with the final result. It's truly magic. I think that the most important thing I'm trying to achieve in my creations is the sense of freedom. The sense of a free spirit, of movement, of passion for life, nature and for ones art. Check out a few of my favorite pieces below.


I'm a sucker for anything woodgrain.


This one reminds me of the wicked witch of the east.

No comments: